This is a delicious take on any basic Italian dish that feels like a naughty treat for your Healthy Extra A and 0 syns! Serves 2 people and takes around 20 minutes.
You will need:
• Chicken (diced)
• Pasta (of your choice)
• 4 Dairylea Light Triangles
• 300ml Chicken Stock
• 2 tbsp Parmesan
• 1/2 White Onion
• Garlic, finely chopped
• Herbs and Seasoning (I use garlic powder, mustard powder, salt and pepper)
- In a wok or a large frying pan, cook your chicken until white. Do not over cook.
- Remove Chicken from the pan once cooked and in 2 separate pans begin to boil your pasta and your broccoli on a medium to low heat
- In your wok on a medium heat, add the garlic, onion and mushrooms and a small amount of stock. Continue to add small amounts of stock until the onions are soft.
- Once your onions are soft add the remainder of the stock and then add in the cheese triangles. Use a whisk to ensure all cheese is smooth and mixed into the stock.
- Once smooth add the chicken back to the pan and turn the heat down to a low simmer while continuously stirring.
- Once your Broccoli is cooked, drain well and add into the Wok, stir well to coat the broccoli.
- Repeat this process with the pasta, and leave on a low heat again to allow the pasta to absorb some of the moisture.
- Add one tbsp of Parmesan to your wok and stir in.
- Serve the pasta with some extra Parmesan on top and leave to stand for at least one minute for the sauce to thicken.