This is one of my favourite lunches! It uses half your healthy extra B (or all if you’re hungry and want to double the amount) and using a part of your healthy extra A. (the amount of the healthy extra A you use is entirely up to you. I use low fat mozzarella which is an allowance of 65g and use all of it)
What you will need:
• Chicken (Sliced)
• Bacon (all visible fat removed)
• Low fat Mozzarella (HEXA)
• 1-2 Slices of wholemeal bread (HEXB)
• Mixed Leaf Lettuce
• Red Onion
• Tomatoes, Cucumber and Lime (Optional but advised)
- Using a Grill or George Forman style grill, cook your chicken pieces, and after about 5 – 10 minutes add your bacon.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare your side salad, using half the plate fill with mixed leaves, and layer with sliced Red Onion, Cucumber and Tomato. Top with a wedge of lime.
- Toast one slice/half slice of bread and add the chicken and bacon on top. Sprinkle the Mozzarella on top and place under the grill until melted, alongside adding the second slice/half slice of bread into the toaster.
- Top the sandwich and place alongside your salad.
**One reason I love this recipe is because you can adapt it easily to your own preferences. Also another great tip if you have the syns is to add half a packet of low syn crisps to this dish to make it extra filling and extra tasty!